Below are Trader Joe’s hours for normal days and holidays, and information about the best times to shop there and some shopping tips. All the info you need to make your shopping experience TJ's enjoyable, efficient, and budget-friendly.
Whether you're a regular shopper or a first-timer, there's always something new and exciting to discover at this beloved grocery store.
- What are Trader Joe’s daily hours?
- What are Trader Joes holiday hours?
- What’s the worst time to shop at Trader Joe’s?
- What’s the best time to shop at Trader Joe’s?
- What are the best days to shop at Trader Joe's?
- How do I find Trader Joe's stores?
- Does Trader Joe's offer senior hours?
- Does Trader Joe's deliver?
- 7 Tips for shopping at Trader Joe's
- More Trader Joe's shopping articles
- Sign-up for The Flavor Journal Newsletter and Get a Free e-book!
- Let's connect!
What are Trader Joe’s daily hours?
On normal days, Trader Joe’s is open Monday through Sundays from 8am to 9pm. They keep it simple to remember with the same daily hours 7 days a week.
What are Trader Joes holiday hours?
Trader Joes does close or operate with modified hours on certain holidays. Those modified hours nearly always apply to when the store closes, not when it opens. In other words, if Trader Joe’s is open on a specific holiday with modified hours, it will open at the usual time but will close earlier.
Additionally, many Trader Joe's locations may have extended hours in the days leading up to major holidays to accommodate the surge in holiday shopping; check your local stores for more info.
Here’s a holiday hours list:
|Martin Luther King Day - Regular hours
|President’s Day - Regular hours
|Good Friday - Regular hours
|Easter - Regular hours; check locally
|Memorial Day - Regular hours
|Independence Day - Reduced hours - closes at 5pm
|Labor Day - Regular hours
|Columbus Day - Regular hours
|Veteran's Day - Regular hours
|Day Before Thanksgiving - Regular hours
|Thanksgiving - CLOSED
|Black Friday - Regular hours
|Christmas Eve - Reduced hours - closes at 5pm
|Christmas Day - CLOSED
|Day after Christmas - Regular hours
|New Year's Eve - Reduced hours - closes at 5pm
|New Year’s Day - CLOSED
What’s the worst time to shop at Trader Joe’s?
The worst times to shop at Trader Joe’s are when they are the busiest, which is weekdays from 4 to 6pm and weekends between 12pm and 4pm.
What’s the best time to shop at Trader Joe’s?
The best times to shop at Trader Joe's is the mornings from 8am to 12pm, when they are the least busy.
What are the best days to shop at Trader Joe's?
According to employees, the best days to shop there are Tuesdays and Wednesdays because they are the slowest days.
How do I find Trader Joe's stores?
If your need to find a store location, consult the Trader Joe’s location finder on their website: Trader Joe’s Store Locator. I use this locator when I'm traveling in the US, as many times I will shop there around the country.
Does Trader Joe's offer senior hours?
They did during Covid, but once the Covid restrictions were lifted, they stopped offering senior hours.
Does Trader Joe's deliver?
Trader Joe’s does not currently offer a grocery delivery service for their products. You will need to use a third-party grocery delivery platform, which one depends on your location, to have TJ's groceries delivered to your doorstep.
7 Tips for shopping at Trader Joe's
Navigating the aisles of Trader Joe's can be an adventure, and with a few tips, you can make the most of your shopping experience.
1. Explore Unique and New Products: One of the highlights of shopping at Trader Joe's is discovering their exclusive products. From quirky snacks to international cuisines, Trader Joe's offers a variety of items you won't find elsewhere. Take the time to explore new products and be open to trying something different.
2. Plan Your Visit During Off-Peak Hours: Trader Joe's can get busy, especially during weekends. See above for the best times and day to shop if you prefer a more relaxed shopping experience. This can help you avoid long lines and crowded aisles.
3. Try Trader Joe's Brand: Trader Joe's offers a wide range of private-label products. These are often as good as, if not better than, their brand-name counterparts. The benefit is that they come at a lower price. Experiment with Trader Joe's own brand to discover your favorites.
4. Read Labels: Trader Joe's is known for its commitment to quality ingredients. Take advantage of this by reading labels and understanding what goes into the products you're buying. Whether you have dietary restrictions or simply want to make healthier choices, Trader Joe's provides clear information on their labels.
5. Stock Up on Frozen Items: Trader Joe's frozen food section is a treasure trove of convenient and delicious options. From appetizers to main courses and desserts, their frozen items are often high-quality and reasonably priced. Stocking up on frozen goods can be a lifesaver on busy days.
6. Be Mindful of Seasonal Items: Trader Joe's frequently introduces seasonal items that are only available for a limited time. Keep an eye out for these unique offerings, as they can add a special touch to your meals. From holiday treats to seasonal produce, Trader Joe's keeps things fresh and interesting.
7. Don't Skip the Samples: Trader Joe's often has sampling stations set up throughout the store. Take advantage of this to try new products before committing to a purchase. It's a fun way to explore different flavors and discover hidden gems.
More Trader Joe's shopping articles
Trader Joe’s is a truly unique grocery store that offers many one-of-kind products at affordable prices. It is no wonder that they have built a loyal customer base that always has a shopping list of their favorite items when visiting one of their stores.