Finding new Trader Joe's products that become favorites is one of the best parts about shopping at this quirky, fun store. Every trip is like an adventure.
Here are reviews of my current top six. Most of these relatively are new products for Trader Joe's, but some have been available for a few months. I should note that new products drop at regional Trader Joe's stores at different times, so what's brand new at one, my have already been introduced at others.
Trader Joe's New Favorite Products
- Perfectly Pickled Pups: Similar to TJ's Parmesan Pastry Pups, these are made with mini uncured beef franks. The pups are brined with a dill-pickle flavor (sea salt, sugar, onion, garlic, vinegar, and dill weed), then coated in a mixture of batter and breadcrumbs that’s seasoned with even more pickle-flavored ingredients. When they're baked (air-fryer or regular oven) they become crispy on the outside, tender and beefy on the inside, with a great pickle-flavor.
- Stir-Fried Garlicky Cabbage: I am a big fan of TJ's Stir-fried Garlicky Cabbage. It's based on the Thai dish, Galam Plee Pad Nam Pla—a simple stir-fry of cabbage, a whole lot of garlic, and fish sauce. TJ's version swaps out the fish sauce with a vegan stir-fry sauce made with yeast extract and kombu, and it imparts a similar umami boost. Bog bonus: It's ready in under 10 minutes, you can heat it up in the microwave or on the stovetop. Try topping the Cabbage with a fried egg for breakfast or toss it with rice for a quick lunch. It goes splendidly with a variety of proteins and makes a grand addition to soups.
- Chilean Hake Fillets: Often compared to cod and haddock, Hake is a flaky, mild-flavored white fish. TJ's frozen fillets are boneless and skin-on. I like to baked the fillets with some vegetables, pitted olives and cherry tomatoes, but they can also be lightly breaded with Panko and pan-fried.
- Green Goddess Spice Blend: This is a versatile seasoning blend includes minced onion, salt, granulated garlic, ground black pepper, and a foursome of green herbs and veggies: dried chives, dried green onion, spinach powder, and dried parsley. The flavor is herbal and pleasantly oniony, which makes it wonderful for shaking on so many things, such as garlic bread, raw or roasted vegetables, baked potatoes, French fries... Use it to season your chicken before roasting, or the fish fillet you’re about to bake. the label also has a recipe for using it to make your own Green Goddess salad dressing.
- Scallion Pancakes: if you're a fan of Chinese scallion pancakes, then these are a must try. They taste surprisingly like the real deal, and are easily heated in a skillet or air-fryer, and make a great side with any stir-fry.
- Tomato Leaf Candle: I'm not sure I know what a tomato leaf smells like, but I love the scent of TJ's new candle. To me, it has a clean and fresh garden fragrance (bergamot, rhubarb, and geranium). The candle is made with soy wax, coconut oil, and beeswax and claims a 40-hour life. And you can't beat the $9.99 price!
Read about Trader Joe's Customer Favorites for 2022.
Recipes to try
Be sure to FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST Many thanks!
PATRICIA CHONG says
Scallion Pancake (pajeon) is Korean version which is different from Chinese sclion Pancake.
Kathy Kingsley says
Thanks for the clarification.
The garlicky cabbage is awful! Doesn't look anything like the picture and tastes slimy. Very disappointed.
Kathy Kingsley says
Huh, I rather liked it!