Dark Chocolate-Cranberry-Nut Chunk Cookies
These chewy cookies, chockfull of dark chocolate, nuts, dried cranberries, and oats, are packed with flavor and texture, and not overly sweet. If you can let the dough sit in the refrigerator overnight, it helps to enhance the flavor.
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped toasted nuts such as walnuts or pecans
- 8 ounces chopped dark chocolate 60%
- Preheat the oven 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Put the cranberries in a small heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water, and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and coarsely chop.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and both sugars and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed just until blended. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating will after each addition. Beat in the vanilla, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour and beat just blended. Fold in the oats, chocolate, nuts and cranberries.until blended.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls on the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 2 minutes apar. Bake until the edges are golden, 9 to 11 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough.
Serving: 1cookieCalories: 158kcalCarbohydrates: 21.1gProtein: 2gFat: 7.5gCholesterol: 17.5mgSodium: 106.1mgSugar: 12.7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!