Easiest Homemade Lemon Pudding
Smooth, creamy and tangy, this homemade lemon pudding is as satisfying to eat as it is easy to make. If you have 15 minutes and the ingredients on hand, this pudding can be whipped up for dessert any night of the week.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon paste extract optional
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- Whipped cream for serving
- Set a strainer over a large heat proof bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan off the heat, whisk together the milk, cream, sugar, and cornstarch until smooth. Whisk in the egg yolks, lemon zest and juice, lemon extract, and salt. Set over medium heat and cook, whisking frequently at first and constantly toward the end, until thickened. When the pudding comes to boil it should be thick and glossy. Remove from the heat just as the large bubble appear.
- Pour through the sieve into the bowl, then spoon into individual serving bowls Let cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate, loosely covered, until set and thoroughly chilled, at least 2 hours or up to two days. Serve chilled with whipped cream, if you like.
Serving: 4gCalories: 343kcalCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 51.1gFat: 14.3gCholesterol: 173.5mgSodium: 186.8mgSugar: 42.4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!