Salted Caramel Tiramisu Parfaits
These salted caramel tiramisu parfaits are transcendent. Espresso-soaked ladyfingers surrounded by lightly sweetened whipped cream and a rich mascarpone with a decadent layer of salted caramel -- need I say more?
- 8 oz. container mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 oz. package ladyfingers, cut into cubes
- 1 cup brewed espresso or strong coffee, chilled
- 1 cup purchased salted caramels
- 2 oz. dark chocolate, shaved
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat the mascarpone cheese, cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
- Divide the ladyfingers cubes among 8 6 oz. serving glasses. Drizzle with half of the espresso. Top with half of the mascarpone mixture. Spoon over half of the caramel. Repeat layering with the ladyfingers, espresso and mascarpone. Top with shaved chocolate.
As for the ladyfingers, make your own or buy them, but keep in mind that store-bought varieties can range from soft and spongy (like angel food cake) to hard and crunchy (like biscotti). Both kinds will work here, but if you're using the softer variety, stick to a light brushing of espresso, instead of a deep dip. More delicious dessert recipes: Double Chocolate Pudding Mini Chocolate Ganache Tarts
Serving: 1servingCalories: 350kcalCarbohydrates: 39.5gProtein: 3.4gFat: 20.7gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 176.3mgSugar: 32.7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!