Mini Chocolate Ganache Tarts
These decadent tarts are easier to make than they may look! The filling is just two ingredients—dark chocolate and coconut milk—and the pastry crust is a cinch to make in a food processor. The truffle-like filling will elicit rave reviews from all chocolate lovers. This is the time to splurge on high-quality chocolate, as you will taste in the final result. Don't be tempted to use chocolate chips, as they have added stabilizers that will make it difficult to achieve a smooth, shiny ganache.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 9 Tbs. cold unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg
- 6 oz. good-quality dark
- 60 % or semisweet chocolate chopped
- ¾ cup canned coconut milk well stirred
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Toasted shredded coconut for garnish
Make the Pastry
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse to blend. Add the butter and pulse to fine crumbs. Add the egg and process until dough comes together in a ball. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, knead briefly, and then press into a disc. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Remove the dough form the refrigerator and cut it into six equal pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll the each piece into a circle 2 inches larger than the size of the tart pans. Press the dough into each tart pan. Fold in the dough overhang so you have a double thickness on the sides and then trim the tops even with the pan. Place the tart shells on a baking pan and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Bake the tart shells until lightly golden, about 35 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Make the Filling
- Put the chocolate into a heatproof bowl. Heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan until just simmering. Pour the milk over the chocolate and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes to soften the chocolate. Stir the chocolate until melted and smooth. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Pour or spoon the chocolate ganache into the cooled tart shells. Let stand 30 minutes. Dust with cocoa powder and garnish with shredded coconut, if desired.
Serving: 1tartCalories: 565kcalCarbohydrates: 53.3gProtein: 7.5gFat: 37.1gCholesterol: 78.5mgSodium: 129.2mgSugar: 22.1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!