Easy Pumpkin Bread with Cinnamon Cream Cheese
Nothing says autumn more than this recipe for homemade pumpkin bread, and this version is one of the best there is. Then elevate its humble status by serving with the cinnamon cream cheese for a perfect combination of flavors and textures. If you can, use fresh pumpkin for this, it will make a big difference in the flavor. I like to bake sugar pumpkins, because they're sweet and flavorful and have smooth flesh.
- 2 cups fresh or canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. fine sea or table salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. fresh grated nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
Cinnamon Cream Cheese
- 1 cup cream cheese softened (8 oz.)
- 2 Tbs. confectioners' sugar
- 1 Tbs. ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 6-cup loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, oil, eggs and sugar until smooth. Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger and whisk until well blended. Add the flour and stir with a spoon, just until mixed. Scrape into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake until a tester poked into all parts of the bread comes out clean, 65 to 75 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove it to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with the cinnamon cream cheese for spreading.
- Make the cream cheese: In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar and cinnamon until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Serving: 1sliceCalories: 349kcalCarbohydrates: 49.3gProtein: 4.1gFat: 16.1gCholesterol: 19.5mgSodium: 288.7mgSugar: 28.3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!