Hot Toddy with Lemon, Ginger and Honey
Hot Toddy's are in demand these days, and when made with lemon, honey and ginger, this easy, warm tonic will soothe whatever ails you. I like to make mine with dark rum, but bourbon, whiskey or brandy will all do. The measurements here are all give and take, feel free to add more or less as you desire.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 thin slices fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 3 to 4 cloves
- Rum or bourbon about 1 oz.
- Lemon slices as garnish
- Fill a mug ⅔ full with hot, boiling water. Stir in the lemon juice, honey, ginger, cloves, and rum or other liquor. Stir to dissolve the honey.
- Float a slice on lemon in the drink and serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!