Sheet pan meals are the easy answer to getting dinner on the table quickly and this pesto gnocchi with vegetables will be a sure-fire hit! Keep a package of frozen gnocchi in the freezer and purchased pesto in the fridge and pulling off this dinner is a no-brainer. Round it out with some warm, buttery garlic bread—oh yeah!
Can I Add Meat To This Recipe?
While this is a vegetarian option you can certainly add meat to it! Precooked sausage can be added directly to the pan with the gnocchi and vegetables and roasted as directed. Chicken would be a delicious addition but may need some extra cook time depending on how large the chicken breasts are. Make sure the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees Fahrenheit to know it is fully cooked.
Could I Use A Different Sauce?
Sure thing! Pesto isn’t to everyone’s liking. A light lemon and olive oil sauce would be a great option, or even a hearty marinara to add a bit of depth to the recipe. Plus, who can resist soaking up any kind of extra sauce with a piece of garlic bread?
What You Need To Make Easy Sheet Pan Gnocchi With Vegetables And Pesto
- Fresh or Frozen Potato Gnocchi
- Red, Orange, or Yellow Bell Peppers
- Grape or Cherry tomatoes
- Broccoli Florets
- Red Onion
- Garlic Cloves
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Fresh or Prepared Pesto
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
How To Make The Recipe
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the gnocchi, bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, onion, garlic, 1 tsp. salt, and a few generous grinds of black pepper in a large bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and gently toss to combine. Spread the gnocchi mixture out evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
Roast the gnocchi and veggies, stirring halfway through, until the gnocchi are plump and the vegetables are tender and caramelized. About 18 to 20 minutes total. Remove the tray from the oven. Drizzle with the pesto and toss gently to coat.
To serve, spoon the gnocchi and vegetable mixture into shallow bowls and garnish each bowl with the basil and a generous amount of grated parmesan cheese.
Storing The Recipe
Store any leftover gnocchi and veggies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
When ready to enjoy another serving, pop in the microwave or back in the oven until heated through.
A great tasting variation for this is to whip up some sun-dried tomato pesto: In a food processor, combine a 10-oz. jar of sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil (don’t drain the oil) and 2 cloves of garlic and process until finely chopped. Add ½ cup fresh basil leaves, 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice and process until chopped and blended. transfer to a bowl and stir in ½ grated parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
You can use any vegetables you like or omit any that you don’t. This easy meal is easily customized to your tastes. Asparagus, mushrooms, cauliflower, even eggplant would all be great additions or substitutions.
Comments and ratings
If you’ve tried this Sheet Pan Gnocchi or any other recipes on our site, please leave a comment and rating below. We love hearing from you!
Easy Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Vegetables and Pesto
- 1 pound fresh or frozen potato gnocchi
- 2 small bell peppers red orange or yellow, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunk
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion cut into 1-inch chunks
- 5 cloves garlic smashed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 Tbs. olive oil
- ¼ cup purchased fresh or prepared pesto more to taste
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish optional
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Preheat to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the gnocchi, bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, onion, garlic, 1 tsp. salt, and a few generous grinds of black pepper in a large bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and gently toss to combine. Spread the gnocchi mixture out evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring halfway through, until the gnocchi are plump and the vegetables are tender and caramelized, 18 to 20 minutes total. Remove from the oven. Drizzle with the pesto and toss gently to coat.
- To serve, spoon the gnocchi and vegetable mixture into shallow bowls and garnish each bowl with the basil and grated cheese.
Sheet Pan Mac and Cheese