Yes, you need another macaroni and cheese recipe in your life and its this sheet pan mac and cheese version. Super easy and it has the perfect ration of crispy topping to creamy noodles!
Watch video here .
12 oz. dried fusilli, or other short pasta
1 1/4 cups frozen peas, or other vegetables (optional)
1 3/4 cup whole milk
3 Tbs. all-purpose flour
1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
3/4 cup panko crumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Generously butter a large rimmed baking sheet.
2. Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, stir well, and cook until al dente, according to the package directions. Add the peas during the last minute of cooking. Drain well and return to the pot.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, flour, Dijon, salt and pepper. Stir in 2 cups of the cheese. Add the mixture to the pasta and peas and stir well. Transfer to the prepared pan, spreading evenly.
4. In a small bowl, combine the panko crumbs and the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the pasta, then sprinkle with a little paprika.
5. Bake until golden brown and bubble, about 25 minutes. Serve right away.
- Calories: 569
- Sugar: 7.7g
- Sodium: 690.8mg
- Fat: 22.4g
- Carbohydrates: 64.3g
- Protein: 25.9g
- Cholesterol: 61.6mg
Keywords: sheet pan mac and cheese