Crispy Garlic and Herb Potato Stacks
These crispy, thin potato stacks are bathed in butter, garlic, herbs, and some cheese and make a stunning and flavorful addition to almost any dinner or brunch. Easily made in a standard or jumbo muffin tin, these can be prepared in advance then popped into the oven when needed. They also can be made with just Yukon Gold potatoes or a mix of both yellow and sweet potatoes, and the herbs and cheese can be varied depending on the flavor you are looking for.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: Makes 12 1x
- Category: Sides
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
6 to 8 small Yukon Gold potatoes, or a mix with sweet potatoes
1 stick (½ cup) salted butter, melted
3 cloves garlic, grated
⅓ cup chopped fresh herbs, such as chives, thyme, rosemary
⅓ cup shredded cheese, such as Manchego, parmesan, or cheddar
Kosher salt and black pepper, plus flaky salt for serving
1. Preheat the oven 400°F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin. (You can also use a jumbo muffin pan, in which case you will need to increase the baking time.)
2. Cut the potatoes using a Mandoline or very sharp knife into ⅛-inch-thick slices.
3. In a large bowl, mix the butter, garlic, herbs, and cheese. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add the potatoes and toss well to coat. Layer the potatoes evenly among the prepared muffin pan cups, stacking the layers all the way to the top. The potatoes will shrink down as they cook.
4. Cover with foil and place on a baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and roast for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and continue cooking another 20 to 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and golden. Run a butter knife around the edges of each stack to release them. Serve sprinkled with flaky sea salt.
It's important to get the potatoes sliced very thin so using a Mandolin will be helpful.
More potato side dish recipes:
Easy Twice-Baked Potatoes
Cheesy Smashed Potatoes
- Serving Size: 1 stack
- Calories: 137
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 112mg
- Fat: 8.3g
- Carbohydrates: 13.8g
- Protein: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 21.8mg
Keywords: potato stacks
Leave a Comment