Raspberry Almond Scones
Say hello to your new favorite scone recipe made with raspberries and almonds. The berries add sweetness and almonds the crunch to these gems, guaranteed to make it to your permanent baked-goods lineup.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour or more all-purpose
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1 stick cold butter cut into small pieces or grated (8 Tbs.)
- 6 Tbs. heavy cream plus more for brushing
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Sliced almonds for topping
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, two knives, or your fingers, work the butter into the flour mixture until evenly crumbled. In a small bowl, whisk together the cream, egg, and almond extract. Add to the flour mixture and stir with a fork until a shaggy dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead briefly. Pat the dough into an eight-inch circle, and cut into 8 equal wedges. Transfer the wedges to prepared baking sheet and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Brush the tops of the scones with cream and sprinkle with almonds. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Serving: 1sconeCalories: 365kcalCarbohydrates: 44.4gProtein: 6.6gFat: 19.1gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 87.4mgSugar: 17.5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!