These easy to make pecan pie bars have all the great flavor of pecan pie. They have an easy press-in shortbread crust and are packed with nutty flavor and an ooey-gooey deliciousness!
Unlike their pie counterpart, the pecan pie bars' filling-to-crust ratio is fairly even, which helps to balance out the sweetness. Plus, they are great to serve to a crowd, as you can cut them into smaller bars.
- All-purpose flour
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Heavy cream
- Confectioner's sugar
How to make the pie bars
1. Make the crust by combining the flour, salt, and confectioner's sugar in a food processor and pulse to blend.
2. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture clumps together.
3. Press the crust mixture firmly and evenly into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let cool.
4. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, honey, pecans, and cream and heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour the mixture over the cooled crust and bake until filling is set, 20 minutes. Remove the pan to a wire rack and let cool.
5. Cut into bars and serve.
- If you'd like to enhance the nutty flavor of the pecans, lightly toast them before stirring them into the filling, but be sure to let them cool first.
- Store the pie bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, and serve them chilled or at room temperature.
- You can enjoy these bars with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of bourbon-tinged whipped cream.
Spread the nuts in single layer on rimmed baking sheet and toast in 350°F oven until fragrant and slightly darkened, 8 to 12 minutes, shaking sheet halfway through to prevent burning.
Yes, if you like the flavors of chocolate and pecan together, add ½ cup of finely chopped dark chocolate to the filling in the saucepan, stirring until melted. Proceed as directed.
yes, these bars can be made ahead. Wrap the pan tightly and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
More recipes to try
Comments and ratings
If you’ve tried these Pecan Pie Bars or any other recipes on our site, please leave a comment and rating below. We love hearing from you!
Pecan Pie Bars
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pieces and chilled
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 6 Tbs. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse together the flour, salt, confectioner's sugar and butter until it clumps together.
- Press the crust mixture firmly into an even layer, covering the bottom of the pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let cool.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, honey, pecans, and cream and heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the mixture over the cooled crust and bake until filling is set, about 20 minutes. Remove the pan to a wire rack and let cool.
- Cut into bars and serve.