There's a lot to love about this Roasted Delicata Squash recipe. It's simple to prep (needs no peeling), easy to slice, and roasting brings out its sweet nutty flavor!
When it comes to winter squash, Delicata is hands down the easiest to prepare. Plus it only takes 25 minutes in the oven!
Delicata squash: This winter squash is known for its oblong shape, striped pale yellow skin, and sweet orange flesh. The thin skin is edible and does not require peeling, which makes prepping very easy. Plus they are a manageable size, one medium squash will serve two people.
How to roast the squash
1. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds and pulp
2. Cut the squash into ½ inch thick half moon slices.
3. Toss the slices with olive oil and salt.
4. Arrange the squash slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast at 425°F until tender and caramelized, about 25 minutes, turning the squash during while roasting.
- Store any leftover roasted squash in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
- If you'd like to dress up the squash, you can top with crumbled bacon, grated parmesan cheese, crumbled feta, drizzled with hot honey or spicy harissa.
More recipes to try
Comments and ratings
If you’ve tried this Roasted Delicata Squash or any other recipes on our site, please leave a comment and rating below. We love hearing from you!
Easy Roasted Delicata Squash
- 1 ½ lb. Delicata squash (2 medium)
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh herbs, for garnish
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds and pulp. Cut into ½-inch-thick half moons.
- In a medium bowl, toss the squash with the olive oil and salt to taste.
- Arrange the squash slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast until tender and caramelized, about 25 minutes, turning the squash during while roasting.
- Arranged the squash slices on serving platter, garnish with herbs and serve