Cranberry Muffins with Streusel Topping
There's nothing like fresh tart, juice cranberries in muffins. Topped with a buttery, crumbly streusel topping, I can tell you that these won't last long!
Nut Streusel Topping
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 ½ Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup plus 1 ½ Tbs. granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 stick unsalted butter (8 Tablespoons), melted and cooled
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 400F°. Lightly grease the cups and top of a 12-cup nonstick muffin pan.
- To make the streusel: In a medium bowl, mix the flour, both sugars, baking powder and salt. Stir in the butter, then add the pecans and pinch the topping mixture into clumps. Set aside.
- To make the muffins: In a medium bowl, mix the flour with ½ cup of sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, mix the yogurt with the egg and butter; stir in the dry ingredients. Toss the cranberries with the remaining 1 ½ Tbs. sugar and fold into the muffin batter.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups and cover with the crumb topping. Gently press the topping onto the muffins so it adheres. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack set over a baking sheet. Serve the muffins warm or at room temperature.
Serving: 1muffinCalories: 278kcalCarbohydrates: 37.5gProtein: 4.7gFat: 12.7gCholesterol: 43.3mgSodium: 283.7mgSugar: 15.6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!