The tartness of fresh cranberries pairs perfectly with a sour cream coffee cake and streusel topping. This cake is easy to make, colorful, and festive, but most of all—so darn good! Oh, and if you need another reason to make it, fresh cranberries are packed with antioxidants and vitamin C.
2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2. tsp. salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, cold
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large bowl and using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, and beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla. Alternately beat in the flour mixture and sour cream until blended. Fold in the cranberries. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
4. Make the streusel: In a medium bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender, two knives, or your fingers until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the walnuts. Sprinkle the streusel over the batter.
5. Bake until golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Set the pan on a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes. Remove the side of the pan and let cool completely.
- Serving Size: 10
- Calories: 286
- Sugar: 24.9g
- Sodium: 114.7mg
- Fat: 10.4g
- Carbohydrates: 44.9g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 61.5mg
Keywords: coffee cake, cranberry coffee cake, coffee cake with streusel