- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 Tbs. everything bagel seasoning
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the eggs in a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 7 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water. Peel, slice in half and set aside.
- Place the toast on plates and spread each slice with avocado and top with an egg.
- Sprinkle the seasoning, mint over the avocado. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
The Australians may have invented avocado toast, but Americans have definitely elevated it to star status. This version is simple, so good-quality ingredients are paramount for its success–perfectly ripe avocado, artisan whole grain bread, and farm fresh eggs will make all the difference.
2 large eggs
4 slices whole-grain bread
1 ripe avocado, preferable Hass, peeled and mashed
1 Tbs. everything bagel seasoning
Mirco greens, for serving
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add the eggs and simmer for 7 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Peel, slice the eggs in half, and set aside.
Place a slice of toast on a serving plate. Top with avocado and an egg half. Sprinkle with the seasoning, salt and pepper, garnish with micro greens, and serve.
For hard-boiled eggs, cooke for an additional 3 minutes.
Keywords: avocado toast, avocado, soft-boiled egg, egg, breakfast, brunch